Why Learning Self Defence Is A Brilliant Way To Get Fit
Learning self defence like Krav Maga has many physical and mental benefits – perhaps more so than any other popular sport or activity. Martial arts and self defence are holistic activities that have benefits stretching from keeping the mind focused to building core strength. One of the most important aspects of your overall wellbeing is fitness, and learning self defence is a brilliant way to get fit.
Krav Maga is a full-body exercise and is extremely effective for keeping your entire body in pristine form, or to effectively lose wight. It’s also fun and enormously useful, making it one of the most integrated and comprehensive ways to keep your mind and body in shape.
Learning self defence has many benefits but the things it can do for your overall fitness are nothing short of incredible. Here are some key reason why learning self defence is a brilliant way to get fit.
Get Fit While Having Fun
• Learning self defence is an excellent aerobic exercise (commonly referred to as ‘cardio’). This means that it is highly dependent on energy-generating processes and your cardiovascular system which requires oxygen to meet the energy demands of the exertion.
• Martial arts and self defence are full-body exercises that use every muscle group in your body. This means it is an extremely well-balanced activity for burning calories and increasing muscles tone across your entire body, rather than focusing on one area.
• It works with your body’s biochemistry, meaning that it taps into your body’s natural ability to build energy, increase muscle tissue and burn fat through a balance of high intensity exercise and rest.
• Self defence place great emphasis on flexibility, stretching and tissue regeneration.
• All of these factors will attribute to overall improved balance and alignment where your body’s key structural platforms are supported by your bones and muscles the way they should be.
How Fitness Can Influence Your Overall Wellbeing
All the factors above will have an incredible impact on your overall physical wellbeing. Here are some key health issues that learning self defence will help combat:
• Heart disease: Comprehensive aerobic exercise like Krav Maga is very effective in minimising the chance of chronic heart disease. If done regularly, it will decrease your blood pressure, assist with metabolism and help regulate cholesterol levels.
• Healthy lungs: Consistent cardio workouts can work wonders on your lungs, increasing their strength, capacity and efficiency. This can in turn have positive impacts your heart as a healthy oxygen flow means less blood needs to be pumped through your body.
• Osteoporosis: Maintaining constant resistance and weight-bearing activity on your joints and bones will greatly decrease your chance of developing bone density issues as you age.
• Pain reduction: The human body is a resilient thing and by consistently testing its durability you are effectively prolonging it at the same time. Learning martial arts will restore overall mobility in your body and speed up the recovery process of joints and muscles, restoring a natural and efficient recovery process within your body without the need for supplementary medication.
• Safety: One obvious benefit is the confidence that comes with having the priceless practical knowledge that you can defend yourself should the need arise. We all hope we never have to use Krav Maga in a real life situation, but having the confidence and the knowledge that you are always prepared can have an amazing effect on your overall well being.
This is just the tip of the iceberg of what learning self defence could do for you. Regardless of whether you are a beginner, a competitive athlete or just someone looking to off-set the negative effects of sitting at a desk all day, learning Krav Maga offers one of the most natural, effective, and holistic physical (and mental) workouts possible. If you’d like to give it a try contact Urban Kombat today. We have a wide range of classes to choose from and our qualified instructors will be more than happy to get you started.